Eating a healthy diet doesn’t have to be difficult or boring. In fact, with the right recipes, eating healthy can be both easy and delicious. Here are 10 easy and tasty recipes that you can include in your healthy meal plan:
- Quinoa and Vegetable Stir Fry: This recipe is packed with vegetables and lean protein. Cook quinoa according to package instructions, and set aside. In a skillet, sauté garlic, onion, and your favorite vegetables (such as bell peppers, broccoli, and zucchini) until they’re tender. Add cooked quinoa to the skillet and stir everything together. Serve hot.
- Mediterranean Salad: This salad is fresh, flavorful, and easy to make. Start by washing and chopping fresh spinach and romaine lettuce. Add sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and Kalamata olives. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries: This recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional fries. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and slice sweet potatoes into wedges. Toss them in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Turkey Chili: This hearty recipe is perfect for cold days. Brown ground turkey in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté until vegetables are soft. Add canned tomatoes, canned kidney beans, and chili powder. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Broiled Salmon: Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Preheat your oven to broil. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Quinoa and Black Bean Salad: Cook quinoa according to package instructions, and set aside. Drain and rinse canned black beans, and add them to the quinoa. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs: Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, and skewer them with your favorite vegetables (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions). Brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait: Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium. Layer Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and granola in a glass or bowl. Drizzle with honey for sweetness.
- Veggie Omelet: Whisk eggs in a bowl, and set aside. Sauté chopped vegetables (such as mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers) in a skillet until tender. Pour in the whisked eggs, and cook until set. Fold the omelet in half, and serve hot.
- Green Smoothie: Blend together fresh spinach, frozen banana, frozen mango, and almond milk until smooth. Add a scoop of protein powder for extra protein.
These 10 recipes are easy to make and packed with nutrients. Try incorporating them into your healthy meal plan for a delicious and satisfying way to eat well.